Castcast (kast, käst),USA pronunciation v., cast, cast•ing, n., adj.
- to throw or hurl;
fling: The gambler cast the dice.
- to throw off or away: He cast the advertisement in the wastebasket.
- to direct (the eye, a glance, etc.), esp. in a cursory manner: She cast her eyes down the page.
- to cause to fall upon something or in a certain direction;
send forth: to cast a soft light; to cast a spell; to cast doubts.
- to draw (lots), as in telling fortunes.
- to throw out (a fishing line, net, bait, etc.): The fisherman cast his line.
- to fish in (a stream, an area, etc.): He has often cast this brook.
- to throw down or bring to the ground: She cast herself on the sofa.
- to part with;
lose: The horse cast a shoe.
- to shed or drop (hair, fruit, etc.): The snake cast its skin.
- (of an animal) to bring forth (young), esp. abortively.
- to send off (a swarm), as bees do.
- to throw or set aside;
discard or reject;
dismiss: He cast the problem from his mind.
- to throw forth, as from within;
emit or eject;
- to throw up (earth, sod, etc.), as with a shovel.
- to put or place, esp. hastily or forcibly: to cast someone in prison.
- to deposit or give (a ballot or vote).
- to bestow;
confer: to cast blessings upon someone.
- to make suitable or accordant;
tailor: He cast his remarks to fit the occasion.
- to select actors for (a play, motion picture, or the like).
- to allot a role to (an actor).
- to assign an actor to (a role).
- to form (an object) by pouring metal, plaster, etc., in a fluid state into a mold and letting it harden.
- to form (metal, plaster, etc.) into a particular shape by pouring it into a mold in a fluid state and letting it harden.
- to tap (a blast furnace).
- to compute or calculate;
add, as a column of figures.
- to compute or calculate (a horoscope) astrologically;
- to turn or twist;
- to turn the head of (a vessel), esp. away from the wind in getting under way.
- [Fox Hunting.](of a hunter) to lead or direct (hounds) over ground believed to have been recently traveled by a fox.
- [Archaic.]to contrive, devise, or plan.
- [Obs.]to ponder.
- to throw.
- to receive form in a mold.
- to calculate or add.
- to conjecture;
- (of hounds) to search an area for scent: The setter cast, but found no scent.
- to warp, as timber.
- (of a vessel) to turn, esp. to get the head away from the wind;
- to select the actors for a play, motion picture, or the like.
- to consider.
- to plan or scheme.
- cast about:
- to look, as to find something;
seek: We cast about for something to do during the approaching summer vacation.
- to scheme;
plan: He cast about how he could avoid work.
- cast away:
- Also, cast aside. to reject;
- to shipwreck.
- to throw away;
squander: He will cast away this money just as he has done in the past.
- cast back, to refer to something past;
revert to: The composer casts back to his earlier work.
- cast down, to lower;
- cast off:
- to discard;
- to let go or let loose, as a vessel from a mooring.
- [Print.]to determine the quantity of type or space that a given amount of text will occupy when set.
- to make (the final stitches) in completing a knitted fabric.
- to throw (a falcon) off from the fist to pursue game.
- cast on, to set (yarn) on a needle in order to form the initial stitches in knitting.
- cast out, to force out;
- cast up:
- to add up;
- to vomit;
- [Chiefly Scot.]to turn up;
- act of casting or throwing.
- that which is thrown.
- the distance to which a thing may be cast or thrown.
- a throw of dice.
- the number rolled.
- act of throwing a line or net onto the water.
- a spot for casting;
a fishing place.
- [Theat.]the group of performers to whom parts are assigned;
- [Hunting.]a searching of an area for a scent by hounds.
- a stroke of fortune;
fortune or lot.
- a ride offered on one's way;
- the form in which something is made or written;
- act of casting or founding.
- the quantity of metal cast at one time.
- something formed from a material poured into a mold in a molten or liquid state;
- an impression or mold made from something.
- a rigid surgical dressing, usually made of bandage treated with plaster of Paris.
- outward form;
- a permanent twist or turn: to have a cast in one's eye.
- a warp.
- a slight tinge of some color;
shade: A good diamond does not have a yellowish cast.
- a dash or trace;
a small amount.
- a conjecture;
- [Zool.]something that is shed, ejected, or cast off or out, as molted skin, a feather, food from a bird's crop, or the coil of sand and waste passed by certain earthworms.
- [Ornith.]pellet (def. 6).
- [Falconry.]a pair of hawks put in flight together.
- effused plastic matter produced in the hollow parts of various diseased organs.
- low-grade, irregular wool.
- at a single cast, through a single action or event: He bankrupted himself at a single cast.
- (of an animal, esp. a horse) lying in such a position that it is unable to return to its feet without assistance.
Ironi•ron (ī′ərn),USA pronunciation n.
- a ductile, malleable, silver-white metallic element, scarcely known in a pure condition, but much used in its crude or impure carbon-containing forms for making tools, implements, machinery, etc. Symbol: Fe;
at. wt.: 55.847;
at. no.: 26;
sp. gr.: 7.86 at 20°C. Cf. cast iron, pig iron, steel, wrought iron.
- something hard, strong, rigid, unyielding, or the like: hearts of iron.
- an instrument, utensil, weapon, etc., made of iron.
- an appliance with a flat metal bottom, used when heated, as by electricity, to press or smooth clothes, linens, etc.
- [Golf.]one of a series of nine iron-headed clubs having progressively sloped-back faces, used for driving or lofting the ball. Cf. wood1 (def. 8).
- a branding iron.
- any of several tools, structural members, etc., of metals other than iron.
- the blade of a carpenter's plane.
- a pistol.
- a harpoon.
- a preparation of iron or containing iron, used chiefly in the treatment of anemia, or as a styptic and astringent.
- irons, shackles or fetters: Put him in irons!
- a sword.
- in irons:
- [Naut.](of a sailing vessel) unable to maneuver because of the position of the sails with relation to the direction of the wind.
- [Naut.](of a towing vessel) unable to maneuver because of tension on the towing line.
- Also, into irons. in shackles or fetters.
- irons in the fire, matters with which one is immediately concerned;
projects: He had other irons in the fire, so that one failure would not destroy him.
- pump iron, to lift weights as an exercise or in competition.
- strike while the iron is hot, to act quickly when an opportunity presents itself.
- of, containing, or made of iron: an iron skillet.
- resembling iron in firmness, strength, color, etc.: an iron will.
- holding or binding strongly: an iron grip.
- irritating or harsh in tone: an iron voice.
- to smooth or press with a heated iron, as clothes or linens.
- to furnish, mount, or arm with iron.
- to shackle or fetter with irons.
- to smooth and thin the walls of (an object being deep-drawn).
- to press clothes, linens, etc., with an iron.
- iron out:
- to iron or press (an item of clothing or the like).
- to remove (wrinkles) from by ironing.
- to resolve or clear up (difficulties, disagreements, etc.): The problem was ironed out months ago.
Fireplacefire•place (fīər′plās′),USA pronunciation n.
- the part of a chimney that opens into a room and in which fuel is burned;
- any open structure, usually of masonry, for keeping a fire, as at a campsite.
Insertin•sert (v. in sûrt′;n. in′sûrt),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to put or place in: to insert a key in a lock.
- to introduce or cause to be introduced into the body of something: to insert an extra paragraph in an article.
- something inserted or to be inserted.
- an extra leaf or section, printed independently, for binding or tipping into a book or periodical, esp. a leaf or section consisting of an illustration or advertisement printed on different paper.
- any small picture, device, etc., surrounded partly or completely by body type.
- a paper, circular, etc., placed within the folds of a newspaper or the leaves of a book, periodical, etc.
- [Motion Pictures, Television.]a cut-in.
Hello , this picture is about Belfast Cast Iron Fireplace Insert (wonderful Edwardian Fireplace Insert #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 704 x 704. This photo's file size is only 58 KB. If You decided to save It to Your laptop, you may Click here. You also too download more images by clicking the following photo or read more at this article: Edwardian Fireplace Insert.
Belfast Cast Iron Fireplace Insert (wonderful Edwardian Fireplace Insert #2) may be different to space friend. But truly pick the layout and ascertain home backsplash's content is definitely so that the home buddy rooang seem cool and cross-eyed a task that really must be accomplished! Often the kitchen backsplash material that is popular is ceramic. Here's inspiring kitchen backsplash tile is unique! Let's notice!
Home backsplash frequently on the wall can be used like a drain area. Because frequently in your community of the kitchen drain will be a lot of splashes of water or of used cooking fat and will be incredibly poor if it splashes around the surfaces of your home, so it's granted as a kitchen backsplash answer along with decorating accents in the kitchen. Kitchen backsplash tile is quite quite floral style with minimalist-style home.
In the event the normal tile Belfast Cast Iron Fireplace Insert (wonderful Edwardian Fireplace Insert #2) using a ceramic product, then the home below employing organic jewel shaped around the wall-in your cooking like tile / range. The kitchen is to give vibrant and impact hues having a home freezer storage and yellow. Elements of lamp light in the home producing close environment of warm and the kitchen!
The dreary coloring is quite attached to the space layout or minimalist style Edwardian Fireplace Insert that is modern. Consequently also is applied while in the home. With modern home design that was trendy, kitchen backsplash tile were picked which have a motif just like normal rock with dull shades-of shade as a way to match the atmosphere within the home. Kitchen backsplash that the kitchen wall was applied over by this moment beginning the sink to storage.
Belfast Cast Iron Fireplace Insert (wonderful Edwardian Fireplace Insert #2) seem to offer an impression along with a distinct atmosphere within the kitchen hues of white. Used to the interior wall of the range (kitchen) to produce acrylic splashes easy to clean. Kitchen having a style that is common would be to employ home backsplash tile with a kite design floral and beige accents give effect towards the brown shade in certain areas. Shades of white is a favorite in decorating akitchen. So also is utilized while in the home below.
Kitchen cabinet white coloring integrates having a floral design using the backsplash tile white and quite natural. Implementing the backsplash tile about the kitchen-sink with blue ceramic motif patterned racial make space home friend be much more trendy. Kitchens are following somewhat different.