Househouse (n., adj. hous;v. houz),USA pronunciation n., pl. hous•es (hou′ziz),USA pronunciation v., housed, hous•ing, adj.
- a building in which people live;
residence for human beings.
- a household.
- (often cap.) a family, including ancestors and descendants: the great houses of France; the House of Hapsburg.
- a building for any purpose: a house of worship.
- a theater, concert hall, or auditorium: a vaudeville house.
- the audience of a theater or the like.
- a place of shelter for an animal, bird, etc.
- the building in which a legislative or official deliberative body meets.
- (cap.) the body itself, esp. of a bicameral legislature: the House of Representatives.
- a quorum of such a body.
- (often cap.) a commercial establishment;
business firm: the House of Rothschild; a publishing house.
- a gambling casino.
- the management of a commercial establishment or of a gambling casino: rules of the house.
- an advisory or deliberative group, esp. in church or college affairs.
- a college in an English-type university.
- a residential hall in a college or school;
- the members or residents of any such residential hall.
- a brothel;
- a variety of lotto or bingo played with paper and pencil, esp. by soldiers as a gambling game.
- Also called parish. [Curling.]the area enclosed by a circle 12 or 14 ft. (3.7 or 4.2 m) in diameter at each end of the rink, having the tee in the center.
- any enclosed shelter above the weather deck of a vessel: bridge house; deck house.
- one of the 12 divisions of the celestial sphere, numbered counterclockwise from the point of the eastern horizon.
- bring down the house, to call forth vigorous applause from an audience;
be highly successful: The children's performances brought down the house.
- clean house. See clean (def. 46).
- dress the house, [Theat.]
- to fill a theater with many people admitted on free passes;
paper the house.
- to arrange or space the seating of patrons in such a way as to make an audience appear larger or a theater or nightclub more crowded than it actually is.
- keep house, to maintain a home;
manage a household.
- like a house on fire or afire, very quickly;
with energy or enthusiasm: The new product took off like a house on fire.
- on the house, as a gift from the management;
free: Tonight the drinks are on the house.
- put or set one's house in order:
- to settle one's affairs.
- to improve one's behavior or correct one's faults: It is easy to criticize others, but it would be better to put one's own house in order first.
- to put or receive into a house, dwelling, or living quarters: More than 200 students were housed in the dormitory.
- to give shelter to;
lodge: to house flood victims in schools.
- to provide with a place to work, study, or the like: This building houses our executive staff.
- to provide storage space for;
be a receptacle for or repository of: The library houses 600,000 books.
- to remove from exposure;
put in a safe place.
- to stow securely.
- to lower (an upper mast) and make secure, as alongside the lower mast.
- to heave (an anchor) home.
- to fit the end or edge of (a board or the like) into a notch, hole, or groove.
- to form (a joint) between two pieces of wood by fitting the end or edge of one into a dado of the other.
- to take shelter;
- of, pertaining to, or noting a house.
- for or suitable for a house: house paint.
- of or being a product made by or for a specific retailer and often sold under the store's own label: You'll save money on the radio if you buy the house brand.
- served by a restaurant as its customary brand: the house wine.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Cardscard1 (kärd),USA pronunciation n.
- a usually rectangular piece of stiff paper, thin pasteboard, or plastic for various uses, as to write information on or printed as a means of identifying the holder: a 3ʺ × 5ʺ file card; a membership card.
- one of a set of thin pieces of cardboard with spots, figures, etc., used in playing various games;
- cards, (usually used with a sing. v.)
- a game or games played with such a set.
- the playing of such a game: to win at cards.
- Casino. the winning of 27 cards or more.
- [Whist.]tricks won in excess of six.
- Also called greeting card. a piece of paper or thin cardboard, usually folded, printed with a message of holiday greeting, congratulations, or other sentiment, often with an illustration or decorations, for mailing to a person on an appropriate occasion.
- something useful in attaining an objective, as a course of action or position of strength, comparable to a high card held in a game: If negotiation fails, we still have another card to play.
- See calling card (def. 1).
- See credit card.
- See bank card.
- a program of the events at races, boxing matches, etc.
- a menu or wine list.
- See compass card.
- See punch card.
- board (def. 14a).
- See trading card.
- a person who is amusing or facetious.
- any person, esp. one with some indicated characteristic: a queer card.
- in or on the cards, impending or likely;
probable: A reorganization is in the cards.
- play one's cards right, to act cleverly, sensibly, or cautiously: If you play your cards right, you may get mentioned in her will.
- put one's cards on the table, to be completely straightforward and open;
conceal nothing: He always believed in putting his cards on the table.
- to provide with a card.
- to fasten on a card.
- to write, list, etc., on cards.
- to examine the identity card or papers of: The bartender was carding all youthful customers to be sure they were of legal drinking age.
Seasonsea•son (sē′zən),USA pronunciation n.
- one of the four periods of the year (spring, summer, autumn, and winter), beginning astronomically at an equinox or solstice, but geographically at different dates in different climates.
- a period of the year characterized by particular conditions of weather, temperature, etc.: the rainy season.
- a period of the year when something is best or available: the oyster season.
- a period of the year marked by certain conditions, activities, etc.: baseball season.
- a period of the year immediately before and after a special holiday or occasion: the Christmas season.
- a period with reference to the total number of games to be played by a team: a 162-game season.
- a period with reference to the won-lost record of a team after it has completed its schedule: a .700 season.
- any period or time: in the season of my youth.
- a suitable, proper, fitting, or right time: This is not the season for frivolity.
- for a season, for a time, esp. a short time: He lived in Paris for a season.
- in good season, in enough time;
sufficiently early: Applicants will be notified of our decision in good season.
- in season:
- in the time or state for use, eating, etc.: Asparagus is now in season.
- in the period regulated by law, as for hunting and fishing.
- at the right time;
- (of an animal, esp. female) in a state of readiness for mating;
- in good season.
- in season and out of season, regardless of time or season;
at all times: Misfortunes plague this family in season and out of season.
- out of season, not in season: The price is so high because lilacs are out of season now.
- to heighten or improve the flavor of (food) by adding condiments, spices, herbs, or the like.
- to give relish or a certain character to: conversation seasoned with wit.
- to mature, ripen, or condition by exposure to suitable conditions or treatment: a writer seasoned by experience.
- to dry or otherwise treat (lumber) so as to harden and render immune to shrinkage, warpage, etc.
- to accustom or harden: troops seasoned by battle.
- to become seasoned, matured, hardened, or the like.
Releasere-lease (rē lēs′),USA pronunciation v., -leased, -leas•ing, n.
- to lease again.
- [Law.]to make over (land, property, etc.), as to another.
- a contract for re-leasing land or property.
- the land or property re-leased.
Datedate1 (dāt),USA pronunciation n., v., dat•ed, dat•ing.
- a particular month, day, and year at which some event happened or will happen: July 4, 1776 was the date of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
- the day of the month: Is today's date the 7th or the 8th?
- an inscription on a writing, coin, etc., that shows the time, or time and place, of writing, casting, delivery, etc.: a letter bearing the date January 16.
- the time or period to which any event or thing belongs;
period in general: at a late date.
- the time during which anything lasts;
duration: The pity is that childhood has so short a date.
- an appointment for a particular time: They have a date with their accountant at ten o'clock.
- a social appointment, engagement, or occasion arranged beforehand with another person: to go out on a date on Saturday night.
- a person with whom one has such a social appointment or engagement: Can I bring a date to the party?
- an engagement for an entertainer to perform.
- dates, the birth and death dates, usually in years, of a person: Dante's dates are 1265 to 1321.
- to date, up to the present time;
until now: This is his best book to date.
- up to date, in agreement with or inclusive of the latest information;
modern: Bring us up to date on the news.
- to have or bear a date: The letter dates from 1873.
- to belong to a particular period;
have its origin: That dress dates from the 19th century. The architecture dates as far back as 1830.
- to reckon from some point in time: The custom dates from the days when women wore longer skirts.
- to go out socially on dates: She dated a lot during high school.
dat′a•ble, date′a•ble, adj.
- to mark or furnish with a date: Please date the check as of today.
- to ascertain or fix the period or point in time of;
assign a period or point in time to: The archaeologist dated the ruins as belonging to the early Minoan period.
- to show the age of;
show to be old-fashioned.
- to make a date with;
go out on dates with: He's been dating his best friend's sister.
dat′a•ble•ness, date′a•ble•ness, n.
Howdy peoples, this attachment is about House Of Cards Season 3 Release Date #2 Houseofcards-netflix-season3-promo. This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1152 x 648. This post's file size is just 85 KB. Wether You want to download This photo to Your computer, you can Click here. You may too see more images by clicking the following image or read more at this article: House Of Cards Season 3 Release Date.
Besides House Of Cards Season 3 Release Date #2 Houseofcards-netflix-season3-promo bed pads may also be a superb item to decorate your property. Here are on choosing a bed pillows that are correct, several tips. First, seek for enthusiasm. Look the area you are to look for decoration items' style properly around. Select a shade style that fits the type of your dwelling, whether it is based on the look of the rug, inside, and a sofa. You also can, modify it with one model in furniture within the area.
Blend and complement. To show more distinctive decor goods to the style, you must have the courage to show hues that combination more diverse. Try and combination and complement over a diverse coloring on each pillowcase to provide a more packed but still in tranquility, with a choice of vibrant colour mixtures, for instance, colour neutral or light shades.
You are able to display cushion living-room that is not only gorgeous, but additionally relaxed to-use using the selection of the House Of Cards Season 3 Release Date watched various considerations. Make sure you complete the livingroom with a pillow additional quality decor products for example attractive lamps, painting, to carpets that can maximize the wonder of the complete space is really a location berakitivitas you and your complete family.
Find more suggestions that are wonderful. Fantastic tips you may get with a pillowcase customize the appearance you wish to choose using the general design of the area. Select the form of decorative pillowcases, possess a lot of color mixtures, and decorations, if you'd like to display classic styles. Having a range of shiny colors or neutral, pick a simpler design for a newer style.