Outdoorout•door (out′dôr′, -dōr′),USA pronunciation adj.
- Also, outdoors. characteristic of, located, occurring, or belonging outdoors: an outdoor barbecue; outdoor sports.
Woodwood1 (wŏŏd),USA pronunciation n.
- the hard, fibrous substance composing most of the stem and branches of a tree or shrub, and lying beneath the bark;
- the trunks or main stems of trees as suitable for architectural and other purposes;
timber or lumber.
- the cask, barrel, or keg, as distinguished from the bottle: aged in the wood.
- See wood block (def. 1).
- a woodwind instrument.
- the section of a band or orchestra composed of woodwinds.
- Often, woods. (used with a sing. or pl. v.) a large and thick collection of growing trees;
a grove or forest: They picnicked in the woods.
- [Golf.]a club with a wooden head, as a driver, brassie, spoon, or baffy for hitting long shots. Cf. iron (def. 5).
- have the wood on, [Australian Slang.]to have an advantage over or have information that can be used against.
- knock on wood, (used when knocking on something wooden to assure continued good luck): The car's still in good shape, knock on wood.Also, esp. Brit.,touch wood.
- out of the woods:
- out of a dangerous, perplexing, or difficult situation;
- no longer in precarious health or critical condition;
out of danger and recovering.
- made of wood;
- used to store, work, or carry wood: a wood chisel.
- dwelling or growing in woods: wood bird.
- to cover or plant with trees.
- to supply with wood;
get supplies of wood for.
- to take in or get supplies of wood (often fol. by up): to wood up before the approach of winter.
Porchporch (pôrch, pōrch),USA pronunciation n.
- an exterior appendage to a building, forming a covered approach or vestibule to a doorway.
- a veranda.
- the Porch, the portico or stoa in the agora of ancient Athens, where the Stoic philosopher Zeno of Citium and his followers met.
- [Obs.]a portico.
Swingswing1 (swing),USA pronunciation v., swung, swing•ing, n., adj.
- to cause to move to and fro, sway, or oscillate, as something suspended from above: to swing one's arms in walking.
- to cause to move in alternate directions or in either direction around a fixed point, on an axis, or on a line of support, as a door on hinges.
- to move (the hand or something held) with an oscillating or rotary movement: to swing one's fists; to swing a club around one's head.
- to pull or turn (a propeller) by hand, esp. in order to start the engine.
- to turn in a new direction in a curve, as if around a central point: to swing the car into the driveway.
- to suspend so as to hang freely, as a hammock or a door.
- to influence or win over;
manage or arrange as desired: to swing votes; to swing a business deal.
- to direct, change, or shift (one's interest, opinion, support, etc.).
- to turn (a ship or aircraft) to various headings in order to check compass deviation.
- to move or sway to and fro, as a pendulum or other suspended object.
- to move to and fro in a swing, as for recreation.
- to move in alternate directions or in either direction around a point, an axis, or a line of support, as a gate on its hinges.
- to move in a curve, as around a corner or central point: The highway swings to the east.
- to move with a free, swaying motion, as soldiers on the march.
- to be suspended so as to hang freely, as a bell or hammock.
- to move by grasping a support with the hands and drawing up the arms or using the momentum of the swaying body: a monkey swinging through trees.
- to change or shift one's attention, interest, opinion, condition, etc.: He swung from mere indifference to outright scorn.
- to hit at someone or something, with the hand or something grasped in the hand: The batter swung and struck out.
- to be characterized by a modern, lively atmosphere: Las Vegas swings all year.
- to be stylish, trendy, hip, etc., esp. in pursuing enjoyment.
- to engage uninhibitedly in sexual activity.
- (of married couples) to exchange partners for sexual activity.
- to suffer death by hanging: He'll swing for the crime.
- swing round the circle, to tour an area on a political campaign.
- the act, manner, or progression of swinging;
movement in alternate directions or in a particular direction.
- the amount or extent of such movement: to correct the swing of a pendulum.
- a curving movement or course.
- a moving of the body with a free, swaying motion, as in walking.
- a blow or stroke with the hand or an object grasped in the hands: His swing drove the ball over the fence.
- a change or shift in attitude, opinion, behavior, etc.
- a steady, marked rhythm or movement, as of verse or music.
- a regular upward or downward movement in the price of a commodity or of a security, or in any business activity.
- a work period coming between the regular day and night shifts.
- a change by a group of workers from working one shift to working another.
- freedom of action: to have free swing in carrying out a project.
- active operation;
progression: to get into the swing of things.
- something that is swung or that swings.
- a seat suspended from above by means of a loop of rope or between ropes or rods, on which one may sit and swing to and fro for recreation.
- the maximum diameter of the work machinable in a certain lathe or other machine tool.
- in full swing, operating at the highest speed or level of activity;
in full operation: Automobile production is in full swing.
- take a swing at, to strike or attempt to strike with the fist: to take a swing at a rude waiter.
- of or pertaining to a swing.
- capable of determining the outcome, as of an election;
deciding: the swing vote.
- designed or constructed to permit swinging or hanging.
- acting to relieve other workers when needed, as at night.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Standstand (stand),USA pronunciation v., stood, stand•ing, n., pl. stands for 43–63, stands, stand for 64.
- (of a person) to be in an upright position on the feet.
- to rise to one's feet (often fol. by up).
- to have a specified height when in this position: a basketball player who stands six feet seven inches.
- to stop or remain motionless or steady on the feet.
- to take a position or place as indicated: to stand aside.
- to remain firm or steadfast, as in a cause.
- to take up or maintain a position or attitude with respect to a person, issue, or the like: to stand as sponsor for a person.
- to have or adopt a certain policy, course, or attitude, as of adherence, support, opposition, or resistance: He stands for free trade.
- (of things) to be in an upright or vertical position, be set on end, or rest on or as on a support.
- to be set, placed, fixed, located, or situated: The building stands at 34th Street and 5th Avenue.
- (of an account, score, etc.) to show, be, or remain as indicated;
show the specified position of the parties concerned: The score stood 18 to 14 at the half.
- to remain erect or whole;
resist change, decay, or destruction (often fol. by up): The ruins still stand. The old building stood up well.
- to continue in force or remain valid: The agreement stands as signed.
- to remain still, stationary, or unused: The bicycle stood in the basement all winter.
- to be or become stagnant, as water.
- (of persons or things) to be or remain in a specified state, condition, relation, relative position, etc.: He stood in jeopardy of losing his license.
- to have the possibility or likelihood: He stands to gain a sizable profit through the sale of the house.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to become or be a candidate, as for public office (usually fol. by for).
- to take or hold a particular course at sea.
- to move in a certain direction: to stand offshore.
- (of a male domestic animal, esp. a stud) to be available as a sire, usually for a fee: Three Derby winners are now standing in Kentucky.
- to cause to stand;
set: Stand the chair by the lamp.
- to face or encounter: to stand an assault.
- to undergo or submit to: to stand trial.
- to endure or undergo without harm or damage or without giving way: His eyes are strong enough to stand the glare.
- to endure or tolerate: She can't stand her father.
- to treat or pay for: I'll stand you to a drink when the manuscript is in.
- to perform the duty of or participate in as part of one's job or duty: to stand watch aboard ship.
- stand a chance or show, to have a chance or possibility, esp. of winning or surviving: He's a good shortstop but doesn't stand a chance of making the major leagues because he can't hit.
- stand by:
- to uphold;
support: She stood by him whenever he was in trouble.
- to adhere to (an agreement, promise, etc.);
affirm: She stood by her decision despite her sister's arguments.
- to stand ready;
wait: Please stand by while I fix this antenna.
- to get ready to speak, act, etc., as at the beginning of a radio or television program.
- to be ready to board a plane, train, or other transport if accommodations become available at the last minute.
- stand down:
- to leave the witness stand.
- to step aside;
withdraw, as from a competition: I agreed to stand down so that she could run for the nomination unopposed.
- to leave or take out of active work or service: to stand down some of the ships in the fleet.
- stand for:
- to represent;
symbolize: P.S. stands for "postscript.''
- to advocate;
favor: He stands for both freedom and justice.
- [Informal.]to tolerate;
allow: I won't stand for any nonsense!
- stand in with:
- to be in association or conspiracy with.
- to enjoy the favor of;
be on friendly terms with.
- stand off:
- to keep or stay at a distance.
- to put off;
- stand on:
- to depend on;
rest on: The case stands on his testimony.
- to be particular about;
demand: to stand on ceremony.
- [Naut.]to maintain a course and speed.
- stand out:
- to project;
protrude: The piers stand out from the harbor wall.
- to be conspicuous or prominent: She stands out in a crowd.
- to persist in opposition or resistance;
- [Naut.]to maintain a course away from shore.
- stand over:
- to supervise very closely;
watch constantly: He won't work unless someone stands over him.
- to put aside temporarily;
postpone: to let a project stand over until the following year.
- stand pat. See pat 2 (def. 6).
- stand to:
- to continue to hold;
persist in: to stand to one's statement.
- to keep at steadily: Stand to your rowing, men!
- to wait in readiness;
stand by: Stand to for action.
- stand to reason. See reason (def. 11).
- stand up:
- to come to or remain in a standing position: to stand up when being introduced.
- to remain strong, convincing, or durable: The case will never stand up in court. Wool stands up better than silk.
- [Slang.]to fail to keep an appointment with (someone, esp. a sweetheart or date): I waited for Kim for an hour before I realized I'd been stood up.
- stand up for:
- to defend the cause of;
support: No one could understand why he stood up for an incorrigible criminal.
- to serve a bridegroom or bride, as best man or maid (matron) of honor.
- stand up to, to meet or deal with fearlessly;
confront: to stand up to a bully.
- the act of standing;
an assuming of or a remaining in an upright position.
- a cessation of motion;
halt or stop.
- a determined effort for or against something, esp. a final defensive effort: Custer's last stand.
- a determined policy, position, attitude, etc., taken or maintained: We must take a stand on political issues.
- the place in which a person or thing stands;
- See witness stand.
- a raised platform, as for a speaker, a band, or the like.
- stands, a raised section of seats for spectators;
- a framework on or in which articles are placed for support, exhibition, etc.: a hat stand.
- a piece of furniture of various forms, on or in which to put articles (often used in combination): a nightstand; a washstand.
- a small, light table.
- a stall, booth, counter, or the like, where articles are displayed for sale or where some business is carried on: a fruit stand.
- newsstand: The papers usually hit the stands at 5 a.m.
- a site or location for business: After 20 years the ice-cream vendor was still at the same stand.
- a place or station occupied by vehicles available for hire: a taxicab stand.
- the vehicles occupying such a place.
- the growing trees, or those of a particular species or grade, in a given area.
- a standing growth, as of grass, wheat, etc.
- a halt of a theatrical company on tour, to give a performance or performances: a series of one-night stands on the strawhat trail.
- the town at which a touring theatrical company gives a performance.
- hive (def. 2).
- a rolling unit in a rolling mill.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a complete set of arms or accoutrements for one soldier.
- take the stand, to testify in a courtroom.
Hi , this photo is about Brandi Outdoor Wood Porch Swing With Stand (charming Metal Bench Swing #4). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 784 x 784. This image's file size is just 189 KB. If You want to download It to Your laptop, you could Click here. You could too see more pictures by clicking the image below or see more at this article: Metal Bench Swing.
For Brandi Outdoor Wood Porch Swing With Stand (charming Metal Bench Swing #4) includes a natural area that would normally be utilized like a park location that will be grown with various kinds of plants that will create a beautiful and add artistic worth for the house. For your newest household yard decor is standard of two pieces, particularly the front and raise of your home.
By which each portion has a particular spot and will be maximized therefore a backyard that is beautiful and appealing to get distinct capabilities, and certainly will be modified to the needs of every residence. Wildlife is one part of the Brandi Outdoor Wood Porch Swing With Stand (charming Metal Bench Swing #4) that may be designed to seethe whole house seems more stunning and appealing. Sadly, you may still find many people who do not think too much so that the look of your home looks from the external to be appealing and less lovely about decorating the yard.
To produce a residence garden decor is modern front, there are a few exciting tips that you could employ, therefore the park is not only a natural location to place the flowers develop effectively, but in addition can provide an excellent worth that is aesthetic about the home front. Thus become an extra price to the house with naturalness.